Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Little Blessings

On my journey through life, many milestones represent great and wondrous blessings showered upon me by "the Father of Lights''; others commemorate what looked at the time like terrible tragedies.  "Through it All," as the song says, God has been faithful--even when I haven't had faith.

But then, there are the LITTLE things--little "trials and vexations" that cause us to feel hassled and too often to become irritable and unreasonable; BUT ALSO the little blessings that fill us with delight and thankfulness!  One of these came to me tonight; and again I'm reminded that our everyday lives matter to Him from whom comes "every good and perfect gift." 

Our oldest granddaughter, Madai, is to be married on July 16th in Mexico where she grew up and has many friends and relatives who can't come here.  Day after tomorrow, I leave with the first carload going; I'll be gone about two weeks.  Plans for the trip seemed to be going all right until I washed my '''good Dress," the one reserved for special occasions only, and found to my horror that down near the hem was A HOLE!  Not a rip in a seam that could be mended--a hole that defied repair!  Where in the world could I possibly get an appropriate replacement at this late date?  I could probably come up with a barely presentable substitute--told Mada about it , and of course she told me whatever I wore would be fine  What could she say?  (And after all, I thought, I won't be the star of the show, anyway.)

But I was still in a stew; got out needle and thread and started to try a folding maneuver that would probably come to naught.  Our daughter called (about something else) and I told her my predicament.  Carol is a person who's always eager to help; here she came, a short time later, with a GORGEOUS dress of the right color that fit perfectly.  She'd gone over to Ross's and it had "just jumped out" at her!  It's beautiful, LARGE enough, and becoming, too--no small feat (and only $20)!  Carol's a good shopper, but that DIDN'T just happen!  Our great & wonderful God Who runs the universe saw to it that Granny could be respectable for the little girl's wedding.

Someone has said, "The God of the infinite is also God of the infinitesimal."  Not one sparrow falls to the ground that He doesn't know it; we've heard that all our lives.  Well, it's true.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how God works! I expect to see a picture of beautiful you in your beautiful new dress! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete